Includes an exclusive promo card!
World War 2 has become a memory, and global power is shifting as modernization changes the world. Nations scramble to upgrade their energy production to keep up with the rapid growth. The price of oil is going up, and nuclear energy is the wave of the future.
In Energy Empire, each player takes control of a nation vying for power in the second half of the 20th century. They build up their nation’s industry, commerce, and government by acquiring resources, building structures, and tapping new sources of energy.
The major threat in Energy Empire is not war, but uncertain global impacts that affect all nations. Your actions come with a cost. As nations become more industrious, they also increase the amount of pollution in the environment. Careful use of science can reduce the harmful effects of industry, and help avert a global crisis.
Manhattan Project: Energy Empire is a stand alone game in our "Manhattan Project" line of games. It shares many of the same mechanics from the original top 150 award winning game, but with less "take that" actions. Designed by established game designers Luke Lurie and Tom Jolly.
1 MAIN GAME BOARD:
5 PLAYER BOARDS:
The MSRP for this game will be $64.99 and it will be released worldwide a month after backers are shipped. We are giving you a $6 discount plus a $13 shipping discount in this campaign. That's roughly a 30% discount overall!
Energy Empire uses worker placement, tableau-building, and resource management game mechanics. On each turn, a player can choose to either WORK or GENERATE. On a work turn, a player places a single worker on the main board, then uses workers and energy to activate cards in their tableau. Players may spend energy to use an occupied space on the main board, so no main board spaces are ever completely blocked. On a Generate turn, players get to renew their supply of energy by rolling “energy dice” that represent nuclear, coal, oil, solar, and other forms of energy.
Download the prototype rules draft:
Some sample cards:
Rahdo Runthrough: Part 1 Gameplay
Just a quick summary of what people are saying about our Manhattan Project: Energy Empire game after only 3 months!
- "Phenomenal, #1 Engine Builder of all time!" - Rahdo's Runs Through
- "really, really cool turn structure" - Man vs Meeple
- #3 game of the year - "a great euro... I was really wowed" - Zee (Dice Tower)
- #5 game of 2016 - "Loved it! A home-run" - Board Game Spotlight
- "I really like Energy Empire, I think it's amazing" - Game Boy Geek
- "This is one of the best games from 2016. In a year with heavy games..." - Meeple Mountain
- "...three characteristics combined make the game a must-have." - Pawnstar
- "wow this is good... lot of bang for the buck" - DriveThru Review
- "I like the speed and simplicity" - Tom Vasel (Dice Tower)
- "Energy Empire is sure to please!" - Mina's Fresh Cardboard
- "Strong engine building, Great art, and components." - Gaming Trend
- "It's just fun, you should defiantly try this game." - Bryan Drake (Dice Tower)
- "an innovative worker-placement game that goes beyond the norm" - Shannon Appelcine (Mechanics & Meeples)
- "excellent title that absolutely deserves a place on your shelf" - Geeks Under Grace
- "Better than the original Manhattan Project" - Boards Alive Podcast
- "top 10 of 2016 for sure" - SlickerDrips
- "really enjoyed making different engines" - Jon Gets Games
- "It has everything I enjoy in a game. It’s one of my best from 2016" - Stephen Hewitt
- "Really cool stuff" - Max Jamelli
- "I love this game, I have loved this game, and I will continue to love this game." - Jay Caracappa
- Nominated for Golden Geek Award - Game of the Year
- Best Couples Game of 2016 - Couple of Gamers
- Best Component & Staff Favorite - Geeks Under Grace
- #7 & #4 game of 2016 - Man vs Meeple
- #3 game of 2016 - The Dice Tower
- #5 Top Games of 2016 - Board Game Spotlight
- #1 game of 2016 - Rahdo's Runs Through
ACTUAL BITS FROM FINAL VERSION OF THE GAME: