*** THIS IS A PRE-ORDER FOR OUR THIS GAME WHICH IS ESTIMATED TO DELIVER IN DECEMBER 2017. AS A PRE-ORDER YOU"LL GET ALL THE KICKSTATER STRETCH GOALS WITH YOUR GAME AT THE DISCOUNTED PRICE. ***
“Nuclear Triad” Becomes Cornerstone of National Defense
It has been 20 years since the invention of the atomic bomb, and the superpowers of the world have remained embroiled in an ever-escalating arms race. The production of fissile material no longer poses a challenge for any nation. Instead, the race has switched to the development of a wide range of delivery systems. In a crisis, your nation will need to strike faster and farther from land, sea, and air. Take charge of your nation’s “Nuclear Triad” and always remember: a credible threat is your most effective deterrent!
Minutes to Midnight allows you to play the game you want. From many paths to victory to be able to choose your own game length by setting the adjustable scoring rounds to different intervals. With interesting confrontational mechanics such as controlling another player's coastal waters or third world nation to spying on other player's buildings.
The standalone sequel to The Manhattan Project by the same designer. Command your nation's nuclear weapons program during the cold war.
You are the leader of a nuclear superpower. With the world on the brink of war, you must develop and deploy nuclear weapon systems of the following types:
- Ballistic Submarines
- Strategic Bombers
- Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles (ICBMs)
- Third World Nation Missile Installations
You may also earn points by:
- Building Anti-Ballistic Missiles (ABMs)
- Testing Nukes in your Mainland
- Gaining control over Third World Nations.
Each turn, you must decide to Place Workers or Retrieve Workers. When the final retrieval has been completed, the end of the game is triggered. At the end of the game, the player with the most points is the winner.
Click here for current rules draft:
Commonly asked questions:
- Do I need any previous Manhattan Project games to play this? No, it's a stand alone game.
- Do you lose your nukes when someone new takes control over your Third World nation? No, but they are returned to your personal supply. You never lose a nuke, bomber, or sub by an action from another player, they just return to your supply forcing you to take actions to deploy them again. The only way you actually lose a nuke is if you blow them up in your test site.
- How are subs used? The preview videos didn't mention one very fun aspect of this game and that is the bluffing game played with deploying of submarines to your opponent's coastal waters. When you take the military action you may place up to 2 cards into each player's coastal waters. They can be both decoys or both subs or one of each. Eventually, a player will have his coastal waters full of cards, but he's not sure what is really there, so he's forced to take a military action to sweep for subs. He takes 2 random cards out and returns them to their owners. Any remaining subs may still score during the sub scoring round. Remember the owner of the subs that were chased away can still take another action to deploy them again.
(Note: the game shown in these previews is made of prototype materials. The fInal product will differ.)
Man Vs Meeple Preview: "A smart game"
Bower's Game Corner: "I like it better than Energy Empire"
Watch the recording of the live play through with the designer and our friends at Forged by Geeks:
2 extra NATIONS cards! Brazil and South Africa. Bringing the total Nations able to be played to 12: USA, Soviet Union, Pakistan, Britain, China, Israel, France, North Korea, India, and Germany.
EXTRA BONUS CARD:
We're reprinting TMP: Energy Empire with a brand new Nations promo card (never released before) that will be mainly for Retailers. We have decided to also give it away here to our fans as many of you own or are getting Energy Empire too. Enjoy and thanks for the support!
Now includes the cooler if we could make them light bulb shaped wood.
The score track only goes up to 50 but in longer games, it's not uncommon to go past that score. We know you are all smart enough to remember, but just in case we'll create a +50 score marker for you to fondle before your imminent victory!
Arn't small disk on your player board tracking how many workers you own rather boring? How about we upgrade it to a meeple-shaped hunk of wood instead!
Another great bonus for our Kickstarter backers (not in the retail version). We have this mini 5 building and 1 card zip-lock bag expansion planned for you. With these 5 unique buildings, you'll have something retail buyers will not. Add to your gameplay experience with these promo building tiles!
* NOTE: This mini-expansion WILL BE INCLUDED in the $9 World Supporter level if you just wish to get the special stuff from this campaign and pick up the actual game later in retail.
Military HQ Owner: General Opponent: Spy Function: 1 Placement in Military Actions
Embassy Owner: Politician Opponent: Spy Function: 1 Placement in any 3WN
Intelligence Agency Owner: Spy Opponent: Spy Function: 1 Placement on an opponent Building
University Owner: Laborer Opponent worker: Spy Function: 1 Placement in Education
Stock Exchange Owner: Laborer Opponent: Spy Function: Change the cost of 1 Building
Alternate artwork for the tech 1 and 2 bomber tile. Currently, there is a b52 bomber plane on them all but it would be easier to tell these lower-tech planes apart if they had a different image. This is important cause the low tech ones cannot be placed in your opponent's airspace.
There are a LOT of building tiles. As such it is fairly costly to use thicker chipboard on them. We were planning to use 1.5mm but this goal will make these tiles be a full 2mm which is typical of a high-quality board game.
The 4 score cards were just going to be regular game cards. But since people need to reference these multiple times during the game, picking them might be a bit of a hassle. A solution for this is to turn them into more expensive chipboard. Thicker board means they'll wear better too.
Board Game Geek entry: