An economic game set in a fantasy land, where players manufacture weapons and sell them to various warring races.
In a faraway land, the Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, and Hobgoblins stand on the brink of war. After years of failed peace negotiations, they have finally decided to take up arms and stand ready to fight. Which is great news for you. Because you'll be selling them their weapons.
Battle Merchants is an economic game set in a fantasy land in which players manufacture four different weapons, then sell them to various warring races. Demand for each type of weapon differs throughout the game, but a well-crafted weapon will last longer.
* 3 Player board printed on the back of the main game board.
On each turn, players can forge weapons, sell a weapon, upgrade craft (to build better weapons), or take a Kingdom Card (for special powers). There is a possible fifth choice available (Forge and Sell a weapon in the same turn) for players with a high-enough level of craft.
Players earn money for selling weapons. It's permitted (and encouraged) to sell your weapons to both sides of the same battle.
The game takes place over four seasons in one game year. At the end of each season, the races fight with the weapons the players sold. Weapons are at risk of being destroyed in a battle, but surviving weapons earn money for victory. After all, someone has to get paid for sharpening all those weapons..
The player with the most money at the end of the game wins.
PLAYERS: 2-4 Players
AGES: 13+TIME: 90 MIN
- 80 Standard weapon tiles (20 each of Battleaxe, Longsword, Mace, and Hammer)
- 40 Vorpal weapon tiles (10 each of Battleaxe, Longsword, Mace, and Hammer)
- 24 circular demand chips
- 68 hexagonal Reward tiles
- (16 Dwarf tiles, 16 Elf tiles, 16 Hobgoblin tiles, 16 Orc tiles)
- (1 Desert tile, 1 Forest tile, 1 Mountain tile, 1 Village tile)
- 28 Kingdom Cards
- 56 Craft Cards (36 for Spring/Summer, 20 for Autumn/Winter)
- 4 grey rectangular Bonus Craft cards
- 64 cubes (16 each of red, purple, yellow, and green)
- 96 Cardboard Dragon Coins
* The 2 player board on the back of the 4th player's board.
No posts found